- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low sodium diced tomatoes un-drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can low sodium tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 large bell peppers
- Place ground turkey in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours prior to cooking in order to defrost.
- Cut bell peppers in half, core, and remove all seeds.
- Rinse them off and place open end up in a baking dish.
- Peel and dice 1/2 cup of onion and set aside.
- Cook 1 cup of white rice according to box directions and set aside.
- Brown ground turkey over high heat until cooked well done (no pink showing) and drain any grease off of the meat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add Worcestershire sauce, salt, diced tomatoes, diced onion, and half of the tomato sauce.
- Let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes, then add cooked rice.
- Remove from heat and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into each of the bell pepper halves.
- After all of the mixture is placed in each bell pepper, top each bell pepper with the remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake at 300 for 20-30 minutes or until bell peppers are tender.
Calories 390, Calories from Fat 15, Total Fat 2g 3%, Saturated Fat 0g 0%, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 45mg 15%, Sodium 440mg 18%, Total Carbohydrate 60g 20%, Sugars 13g, Protein 35g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 180%, Calcium 4%, Iron 25%