[Read more…] about Bethany’s Skillet Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 8 slices wheat bread with crusts cut off
- 4 ounces extra lean Canadian bacon
- 1 1/4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 2 cups fat free half and half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese reduced fat
- 1 tablespoons Italian herb blend no salt added
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray casserole dish (9x13) with cooking spray.
- After crust is cut off bread, tear into bite size pieces and place in bottom of casserole dish.
- Beat eggs and then add all other ingredients (reserving 1/2 cup cheese to top of casserole) mixing well.
- Pour on top of bread mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Optional seasonings: pepper, jalapeno peppers, crushed red pepper.
- Let set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Bake for 35 minutes.