You can make some healthier substitutions for some of the most common ingredients used to build sushi rolls. Take a look at some suggestions to make the best pick when choosing a roll.
- Minimize your chances of infections caused by bacteria- choose cooked fish and shellfish. Follow proper food safety practices.
- Add healthy protein and fiber to your sushi by incorporating edamame on the side!
- Choose rolls with more fruit and vegetables for added vitamins and flavor without the higher-calorie ingredients such as cream cheese and sauces.
- Be good to your heart, use “lower sodium” soy sauce when dipping your sushi. Easy on the dipping!
- Think about using whole-grain brown rice for added fiber instead of white rice.
- Ginger is great for cleaning your pallet with new flavors and provides some minerals such as potassium, magnesium, copper, and manganese.
See these recommendations in reality in this Spicy Salmon Sushi Cups recipe!