Did you know that the top distraction among families during dinnertime is getting telephone calls, followed by emails, text messages and TV? According to a study that Dixie brand conducted, 70% said adults are the WORST offenders when it comes to being distracted at the dinner table. To help you get started here are a few conversation starters you can use.
- What is your favorite food? and why?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be?
- What three words would you use to describe our family?
- Where do the foods we eat come from?
- Finish this sentence, Someday, I’m going to be the first person in the world to……….
To go along with these conversation tips, try this quick and delicious recipe for Tuna Cakes. Serve with a steamable bag of veggies and mixed fruit for dessert and talk to your family about how yummy dinner tastes. Enjoy!