Check out some of these Screen-free Week Challenges
1. Looking for a fun activity to get your family active?
Try a hula hoop contest after dinner! Get your family outdoors and see who can hula hoop the longest. You could also do a jump rope challenge, create obstacle courses, or take a family walk. As you unplug from technology in the evenings this week, reconnect with your family around fitness.
2. Connect with your family during dinnertime prep by getting children involved.
Encourage children to participate in age appropriate tasks:
• Let children help plan menu ideas and side dishes
• Take them grocery shopping and let them pick out a new fruit or vegetable to try with dinner
• Teach them about setting the table
• Guide them in basic food preparation (as they are developmentally ready for and can safely do)
• Have them help clean up and clear the table
Watch this throwback video of a fun way to get kids cooking Dinner Tonight!
3. Check out our after school snack recipes that are easy enough for kids to make and a provide a nutritional boost after school.