Looking for a healthy soup to warm you up? Try our Turkey Sausage and Black Bean Soup!
- 6 ounces smoked, cooked turkey sausage sliced
- 1 cup diced green, red or yellow bell peppers
- 1 (14.25 ounce) can fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can no salt added black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup salsa or picante sauce
- chopped cilantro optional
- Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray.
- Place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add sausage and pepper
- Sauté 1-2 minutes until sausage begins to brown.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add beans and salsa and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Top with cilantro if desired.
Calories 140, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3g 5%, Saturated Fat 1g 5%, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 20mg 7%, Sodium 540mg 23%, Total Carbohydrate 17g 6%, Dietary Fiber 5g 20%, Sugars 2g, Protein 11g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 45%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%