Boiling can be a great way to cook chicken while saving time during preparation. Boil your chicken at home to have plenty ready for many different recipes. Follow these simple steps the next time you need cooked chicken for a recipe
How to Boil Chicken:
- After your water comes to a full boil, turn it down to a simmer.
- Set a timer for about 30 minutes.
- Pro Tip: While it is boiling, you might notice some foam that comes to the top. You can remove this with a spoon and discard it.
- Pro Tip: While the chicken is boiling, you can prepare all the other ingredients in the recipe you are making.
- Check the temperature of the chicken to make sure it is cooked before you use it in your dish. Pull one piece of meat out of the water and use a meat thermometer. The temperature of the chicken breast should be at least 165° F.
- Once the chicken has reached temperature, remove from water and let cool enough to handle to finish preparing your recipe.
Not sure how much chicken you need to boil for a specific recipe? Follow this guide!
Check out our whole collection of recipes that use chicken!