Tough strings on the backs of peas can be unappetizing. Safely remove the strings from the peas by using a small paring knife to gently make a small cut on the end, but not all the way through. Then simply peel the strings off. Do not use your finger nail to cut the peas, this can cause dirt and bacteria to contaminate the peas.
Check out some of our recipes that feature peas!
- Ham and Pea Salad
- Mint Sugar Snap Peas
- Pasta Salad with Peas and Ham
- Salmon Bowtie Pasta
- Soba Noodle and Snap Pea Salad
- Spicy Pea and Avocado Toast
- Spring Garden Collaboration JMG + DT: Peas
- Spring Garden Collaboration: Junior Master Gardener + Dinner Tonight