Looking for a fresh twist on your favorite breakfast? Try this Spicy Pea and Avocado Toast for a flavorful and cost-efficient variation to traditional avocado toast.
Pea and Avocado Guacamole
- 1/2 Cup frozen peas Thawed
- 1 Medium Avocado Sliced
- 1 jalapeno Seeded and diced
- 1/3 Cup red onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup cilantro Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic Minced
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice About 1 Small Lime
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Slices 100% whole wheat bread
- 1/2 Cup cherry tomatoes Sliced in Half
- 3 Tablespoons feta cheese Crumbled
- 1/2 Tablespoon hot sauce
Servings: 1/3 Cup Guacamole + 1 Slice of Toast
- Pulse the peas in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer peas to a medium bowl. To the same bowl, add the flesh of the avocado. Combine avocado and peas by smashing together into a chunky texture.
- To the avocado mixture, add jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Toast bread to desired doneness.
- Evenly divide the guacamole by spreading onto the toast (about 1/3 Cup)
- Top the toast with an even division of the cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and hot sauce.
- Serve immediately