Here’s a zesty dish that you can grill anytime! This flavorful marinade will give your shrimp a boost of flavor. Plus, it’s easy to make and quick to grill.
- 1 pound shrimp; frozen or fresh peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno
- 1 cup green onion
- 2 cup cilantro
- 4 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice est. 2 limes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounce container plain Greek low fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup sliced limes
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro
Servings: 1/3 cup servings
- Prep shrimp, if frozen let thaw. If fresh, peel and devein.
- Next, remove 6 tsp zest and squeeze ¼ cup lime juice from limes.
- Place jalapeno (optional remove seeds), green onion, and cilantro in food processor and pulse.
- Then whisk together olive oil, lime juice, pineapple juice, zest, (minced) garlic, coconut aminos, and black pepper in a bowl. Combine processed ingredients to create a marinade.
- Pour the marinade into a large sealable food-safe plastic bag. Gather your thawed shrimp and place them in the marinade (plastic bag). Before sealing, press the excess air out, then seal.
- Let the shrimp marinate in the fridge for about 10 to 30 minutes (max).
- While shrimp is marinating, create your dill dip. Grab a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, lime zest, lime juice, garlic powder, and dill. Cover and chill.
- You are now ready to grill; you can thread the shrimp onto skewers (see tips on wooden skewers) or place them in a grill pan over the stove.
- Grill the shrimp over direct, medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning the shrimp halfway through the process. Make sure shrimp is pink and cooked through - a fully cooked shrimp is 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Check the temp!
- When done, take the shrimp off the grill, and squeeze some lime juice (optional).
- You are now ready to serve – garnish your shrimp with cilantro and lime wedges. Pair with any of our side dishes.