It’s National Tapioca Day, June 28th! Celebrate by making your own tapioca pudding for dessert tonight. Try this tropical twist on tapioca for a sweet summer time treat.
My kids absolutely adore this version of tapioca pudding, the sweet mangos on top add just a bit of extra flavor that makes this pudding taste so good!
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup instant tapioca pearls
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup fresh mango diced
- In a medium saucepan, bring the unsweetened coconut milk and skim milk to a slow boil on medium heat. Stir constantly until milk begins to foam.
- Pour in tapioca pearls and sugar, stir constantly in a full boil, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut extract. Cool for 3-5 minutes in saucepan.
- Spoon pudding in 4- four ounce dishes. Top pudding with ¼ cup of diced mango. Add mint leaves for a garnish.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.