: If you like some spice, this is the recipe for you! Chickpeas are so versatile and can be used as a meat-substitute in this dish. Spice them up with some hot or Buffalo wing sauce and enjoy this very filling wrap!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons green onion tops chopped
- 2 whole wheat tortilla
- 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1.5 cups of romaine lettuce (about 4-5 leaves)
Servings: 1/2 wraps
- Add olive oil to a medium-sized sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and red bell pepper until softened.
- Drain and rinse cans of cooked chickpeas and add to the pan with onion, garlic, and red bell pepper.
- As the chickpeas heat, begin to mash the chickpeas with the back of a wooden spoon or fork. The chickpea mash is a rough mash and does not need to be smooth.
- Add in hot sauce, Greek yogurt, smoked paprika, and ground cumin.
- Sauté and stir until well combined.
- Lay out a large tortilla on a clean surface. Lay washed and dried romaine leaves onto the tortilla.
- Remove the chickpea mixture from the heat and evenly distribute it onto the two tortillas. Top with ricotta cheese and sprinkle with chopped green onions. Fold in the ends of the tortilla and begin to roll the tortilla into a wrap.
- Cut each wrap in half for 4 servings.