Enjoy this healthier version of a classic Tres Leches Cake! An exclusive recipes from our Healthy Cooking School that we are sharing with you now!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 18.5 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 6 ounces nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1 14 ounce can nonfat sweetend condensed milk
- 1 cup light coconut milk (in the can or box)
- 2 tablespoons of a 3 oz. package sugar-free instant pudding mix
- 2 cups 1% Milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 8 ounces nonfat whipped topping
- Wash your hands and clean your cooking area. Preheat oven to temperature called for on the box of cake mix. Spray a 9*13- inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, yogurt, water, and egg whites. Mix with electric mixer until combined and then mix on medium for about 2 minutes. Pour into the baking dish and bake according to the cake mix directions for a 9*13- inch pan.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes, While the cake is cooling, pour the condensed milk and the coconut milk into a medium bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Once the cake has cooled, use the handle of a wooden spoon to make holes all over the top of the cake, extending down deep into the cake. Slowly pour milk mixture evenly on top of the cake, making sure it soaks into the holes.
- Add pudding mix, milk, and coconut extract to the bowl from the first milk mixture. Whisk until the pudding just starts to firm up. Pour and then spread the pudding on top of the cake, filling all the holes.
- Refrigerate the cake, uncovered, for about 4 hours, until completely cold. Spread the whipped topping on top. Serve now (good), or cover the cake and let sit overnight (better). Serve with cut up fresh fruit or a warm citrus compote if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving: 180 calories, 4g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 220mg sodium, 33g total carbohydrate, 0g dietary fiber, 12g sugars, 4g protein, and 10% calcium. percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.