Refried Beans can be a healthy side dish option if you want them to be! Use this spice Refried Beans recipe to savor classics while giving them a healthy upgrade.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno whole
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- groundpepper to taste
- Wash your hands and your work area.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the jalapeno and cook until it begins to brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the beans and the chicken broth.
- Cook over medium heat, frequently mashing only the beans, until the beans are a think paste about 10 minutes.
- Season with pepper. Remove the chile and serve.