Zucchini – Oat chocolate chip cookies are the yummy way to sneak veggies into cookies! Give this healthy dessert cookie recipe a go!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or white whole wheat
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Add zucchini and with mixer set on low speed, slowly add in flour mixture. Stir in oats, walnuts and chocolate chips (I reserved 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips to press into the tops of dough balls before baking, just for looks which is totally optional).
- Shape dough into balls, 2 Tbsp each, then transfer to a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 11 - 14 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Zucchini-Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Amount Per Serving
Calories 103 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g 9%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Cholesterol 19mg 6%
Sodium 55mg 2%
Potassium 44mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 2g 4%
Vitamin A 3%
Vitamin C 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition label reflects 1 cookie