Take a look at some of the amazing vital functions of H20.
A human body is made up of approximately 60% water, and has numerous vital functions in the body.
- regulate your body temperature
- helps your body digest food and absorb nutrients
- helps flush out waste
- moistens oxygen for breathing
- lubricates your joints
- water makes up 75% of your brain, 75% of your muscles, 22% of your bones, and 83% of your blood
To prevent dehydration you need to drink an adequate amount of water per day.
The recommended amount of water per day is EIGHT, 8 ounce glasses which is 2 liters, or half a gallon. If you are not drinking enough water, your body will begin to give you some warning signs. Some of the most common signs of dehydration are feeling tired, overheated, chronic joint pain, and headaches. Take a look at other signs and keep hydrated, especially during the summer heat.
- Feel Hungry? Drink Water! It’s easy to confuse being thirsty with being hungry.
- Children gain heat faster than adults when the outside temperature is higher than their body temperature.
- Your body is telling you it’s thirsty when you are dehydrated.
- Check the color of your urine. The ideal color is a very pale yellow. The more transparent, the more hydrated you are.
- Drink plenty of water before and during physical activity. Sweat = water loss
- Research suggests drinking water can contribute to a healthy weight loss plan.