All week we’ve been talking about Spaghetti Squash. Trade in your pasta for a fun take on noodle night! This Spaghetti Squash Chicken Caprese Recipe is super delicious!
Squash & Chicken
- 2 spaghetti squash cut in half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 8 ounce chicken breasts diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 leaves fresh basil torn
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven is heating, microwave spaghetti squash in oven for 5 to 6 minutes. This will make the spaghetti squash soft and easier to cut.
- Cut the top and bottom off the spaghetti squash and slice squash in half.
- Cook chicken in a skillet for about 4 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is cooking in the skillet, scrape your spaghetti squash using a spoon or knife until you get about 10 cups out. Put spaghetti squash in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper, cooked chicken, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil in bowl and combine.
- Add spaghetti squash back in bowl and bake the spaghetti squash in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While spaghetti squash is cooking, mix balsamic vinegar and honey together.
- Remove spaghetti squash after 20 minutes or when all cheese is melted, and tomatoes have begun to burst. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve warm!