Catfish is a favorite in many summer dinners. This recipe takes on a more healthy approach by baking the catfish and using a panko breadcrumb which gives it a great crunch and taste. [Read more…] about Baked Parmesan Catfish
Cheese Broccoli Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoons low fat ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
- Scrub and peel potatoes.
- Place whole potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Add frozen broccoli on top.
- Completely cover bowl with a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave 12 minutes on high (or until potatoes are tender).
- Use a towel or oven safe gloves to carefully take off plate and remove bowl from microwave. (Use extra caution to avoid steam.)
- Use potato masher to break up potatoes and broccoli.
- Stir in cheese, ranch dressing and milk.
- Taste and then add salt and pepper as needed.
- As an option you can top the potato mixture with sprinkled cheese.