Try this new fruity snack for National Oatmeal Cookie Day, April 30th! Strawberry Oatmeal Cookie Balls are easy to make and take with you on-the-go for a “pick me up” treat. My baby girl rolled them and my son’s soccer team made them disappear!
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted
- 4 medium ripe strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats dry
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Servings: cookie balls
- Use a food processor to blend the dates, strawberries, vanilla extract, oats, and almonds together.
- Process until the almonds are in pieces but not completely ground.
- Spoon out mixture** and roll into a small ball, place on a plate and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Clean food processor and add coconut flakes. Process until broken down into small pieces.
- Pour out coconut onto a clean plate and roll chilled balls over coconut, topping well.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also store in individual wrap or plastic bag.
- **use 1 Tbsp. measuring spoon to scoop out mixture from processor before rolling.