Easy Chicken & Black Bean Casserole is the perfect healthy comfort food for chilly evenings!
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can no salt black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 4 large green onions sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup shredded, reduced fat Mexican blend cheese divided
- 2 (7 inch) corn tortillas torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place beans in large bowl; partially mash with potato masher.
- Add chicken, green onions, salsa, tomato and cumin; mix well.
- Spoon 1 1/3 cups mixture into 9-inch round glass baking dish; top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Arrange 1/2 of tortillas over mixture.
- Repeat layering with 1 1/3 cups bean mixture, remaining tortillas.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven, uncover and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Return to oven and continue to bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with cilantro.