Turkey and Rice Casserole
Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
If you are looking for a great alternative for meat, try this colorful vegetable casserole. It is sure to satisfy your tummy and delight your taste buds.
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium zucchini grated or diced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can low sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium diced tomatoes rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels thawed, can also use fresh
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 corn tortillas quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar or fiesta blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook stirring often, until starting to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in zucchini, beans, tomatoes, corn, cumin, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Scatter half the tortilla pieces in the pan.
- Top with half the vegetable mixture, half the enchilada sauce and half the cheese.
- Repeat to form another layer.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake the casserole for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking until the casserole is bubbling around the edges and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.
Mexicali Turkey Skillet Casserole
Black Bean Casserole
Easy Chicken & Black Bean Casserole is the perfect healthy comfort food for chilly evenings!
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can no salt black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 4 large green onions sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup shredded, reduced fat Mexican blend cheese divided
- 2 (7 inch) corn tortillas torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place beans in large bowl; partially mash with potato masher.
- Add chicken, green onions, salsa, tomato and cumin; mix well.
- Spoon 1 1/3 cups mixture into 9-inch round glass baking dish; top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Arrange 1/2 of tortillas over mixture.
- Repeat layering with 1 1/3 cups bean mixture, remaining tortillas.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven, uncover and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Return to oven and continue to bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with cilantro.