Warm your soul with this delicious and nutritious hot chocolate! Your friends and family are going to love this hot chocolate on a cold winters night!
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping
- Add almonds to a dry sauté pan over medium-high heat and sauté until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Add almond milk, cocoa powder, Splenda, and coconut extract to a blender and blend until incorporated and slightly foamy.
- Add hot chocolate mixture to a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add one cup of hot chocolate to a coffee mug, top with 2 tablespoons whipped topping and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cooled, toasted almonds.
- Repeat for three remaining coffee mugs. Recipe from Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cooking, 2nd Edition by Lara Rondinelli-Hamilton, RD, LDN, CDE, and Chef Jennifer Bucko Lamplough