This recipe is a delightful Italian dish, full of flavor with a delicious meat sauce. This penne pasta dish is a perfect, budget friendly, week night meal that the family will love! Bon Appetit!
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium, reduced fat, beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzerella cheese reduced fat
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Meanwhile in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, broth, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add spinach; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach has turned dark green.
- Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.