Blackberries aren’t just for desserts! Otherwise, plain chicken is taken to another level with savory blackberry and chipotle flavors. This recipe looks elegant but it actually really easy and fairly quick to make – give it a try this week!
- 1 pound chicken breast boneless, skinless and cut into 4 individual cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Chipotle Blackberry Sauce
- 4 teaspoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium shallot or sweet onion diced
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce (canned), diced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon mint leaves minced
- Wash your hands and clean your preparation area. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Rinse any fresh fruits and herbs under cool running water to remove debris
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the chicken. In a nonstick pan heat up 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium-to-medium high heat. Place the chicken in the skillet and let brown for 3-5 minutes. Place chicken, browned side up, on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature has reached 165°F.
- While chicken is cooking in the oven, heat a 3-quart saucepan on medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and the diced shallots. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add blackberries, chipotle pepper, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve the sauce over the chicken and top with mint leaves.