Grilling weather doesn’t have to be set on BBQ. Add a water-filled fruit to the grill to add a new “flare” to your plate this summer.
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 3 cup watermelon diced
- 2 cup peaches sliced
- 3 cup cantaloupe diced
- 2 cup pineapple diced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves chopped
- Wash your hands and clean your countertops. Rinse produce under cool running water before slicing.
- Using Path to the Plate fire and heat safety guidelines, prepare the grill.
- Using a medium saucepan, simmer water and honey until combined. Infuse honey water by simmering with mint leaves for 1 minute. Remove mint leaves. Pour the liquid in a jar, and let infused honey water cool in the refrigerator.
- Prepare sliced and diced fruit on 6 wooden or metal skewers. Grill for 30-60 seconds on each side.
- Leaving fruit on skewers, use a basting brush to glaze over fruit. Sprinkle kosher salt and mint leaves over grilled fruit skewers.