This delicious smoothie is a perfect start to your day or break-time in the afternoon. Use your leftover coffee as the main ingredient, blend, and enjoy!
- 2/3 cup brewed coffee cold
- 1/2 cup 1% Milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter creamy, reduced fat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium Banana frozen
- 1 cup Ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth. The amount of ice will vary depending on desired consistency. Pour into a glass and serve chilled.
- Tips: Place individually frozen ripe bananas in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Always peel before storing. Storing over ripe bananas can be used later in smoothies or recipes. Save leftover coffee in the refrigerator for an afternoon pick me up iced coffee or smoothie for the next day's breakfast. You can also store coffee in ice cube trays to freeze and use for smoothies. Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder for additional nutrition. (Food label will differ)