Did you know that watermelon is made of 96% water and a great way to hydrate these hot summer days? The Watermelon and Lime Aguas Frescas recipe is full of natural sweetness and will be a great way to keep hydrated. Make for your next barbeque or just keep in the fridge for the family to enjoy.
- 5 cups seedless watermelon cubed
- 3 cups water divided
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 1 lime sliced for garnish
- 1 cup Ice
- Combine watermelon, 1 cup of water, and mint leaves into a blender untill liquefied.
- Pour the watermelon mixture into a 2 quart pitcher, add 2 cups of water and ice, stir together.
- Garnish the drink with thinly sliced lime rings and enjoy.
- Serve or store in refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Tip: Use a strainer when pouring the liquefied watermelon into the 2 quart pitcher for a thinner consistency.