Did you know that the official state fruit of Texas is grapefruit? This fruit is a delicious way to add a kick of citrus to your salad! This recipe is a great way to make use of the whole grapefruit, by including it in the salad and the delicious vinaigrette.
- 1 Grapefruit peeled
- 1 orange peeled
- 10 cups fresh greens lettuce
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- Wash hands and work area before cooking.
- Cut fruit into bit size pieces, and slice the onions.
- Toss fruit with lettuce and onion.
- Mix remaining ingredients for dressing.
- Drizzle over salad and toss just before serving.