- 1 (9 ounce) package whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1 pound small shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cups broccoli florets frozen or fresh
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup skim milk
- season to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta using a colander over a bowl. Combine shrimp, onions, and garlic in a small bowl. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, swirl to coat. Add shrimp mixture, and saute for 4 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Steam thawed broccoli in microwave for 1 minute or until cooked.
- Take cauliflower, half the Parmesan and place in a blender with the milk and blend until creamy. Pour into skillet with shrimp and cooked pasta and begin to heat on low-medium heat for 1 minute. Add pasta water to skillet if sauce is too thick.
- Add steamed broccoli to skillet and mix until well coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.