Baking at home is a great way to make healthy modifications to your favorite desserts! Our fruit clafoutis offers just that with a delicious recipe lower in calories, added sugar, and fat. Try our version of fruit clafoutis with our ingredient of the week or with your favorite fruit!
- 1 pie crust pre-made
- 2 cup fruit blueberries, blackberries, cherries, pears, apples, raspberries, apricots, and plums work best
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- In a 9x9 round baking pan, place the pre-made pie crust and press down to mold it to the pan.
- Place your fruit of choice evenly around the bottom of the pan. For fruit like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and cherries just rinse and dry the fruit. For fruit like pears, apples, and plums, you will want to wash, core, and slice the fruit, and peel if you prefer.
- In a large bowl mix the milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar, and flour together. Then pour evenly over fruit and crust.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until an inserted fork comes out clean.