Chilly Weather=TIME FOR SOUP! Our Italian Tortellini Soup is a cozy yet flavorful dish and is a great addition to any menu!
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons no salt added tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 3 cups cheese tortellini
- 2 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1/3 cup 2% reduced fat mozzarella cheese shredded
Servings: 1 cup servings
- Clean and prep your area.
- Add oil to a pot on medium-high heat.
- Once the pot is hot, add in your turkey. Cook until lightly brown.
- Add onion and garlic to the ground turkey and allow the turkey to brown until the onions and garlic become translucent.
- Next, add in your tomato paste, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and chili flakes and mix until well combined.
- Pour in your chicken broth and stir to combine the ingredients. Continue to cook on high for 5-7 minutes until the soup comes to a boil.
- Stir in the salt and half and half until well combined.
- Add in your tortellini and cook as directed on the package. (Approximately 3-6 minutes)
- Add in the spinach and stir. Lower the pot to low heat to avoid further cooking of tortellini but to maintain a warm soup.
- Once the spinach has wilted, add in the cheese before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!