For the salad
- 1.5 lbs. fresh spinach rinsed and dried
- 0.5 lb. fresh arugula rinsed and dried
- 1 1/2 cup red onion sliced
For the vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey Juice and zest of 1 Ruby Red grapefruit
- 2 avacados sliced
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruits peeled, sectioned, and chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1. Wash your hands and clean your cooking area. 2. In a large bowl, toss together the salad ingredients. Set aside. 3. In a small bowl or container with lid, whisk or shake all of the vinaigrette ingredients. 4. Assemble the toppings over the salad mixture. Top with the vinaigrette and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving: 190 calories, 16g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 25mg sodium, 11g total carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 6g sugars, 2g protein, 45% vitamin A, and 35% vitamin C. percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000- calorie diet.