Margarita chicken created just in time for Margarita Day. This juicy and flavorful chicken has a tasteful lime flavor. It would be perfect over a fresh salad or sliced into tacos.
- 4 4 ounce boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Slice chicken breasts into strips.
- Prepare marinade by zesting 1 lime zest, juicing limes and lemon, mincing garlic, chopping cilantro and measuring cumin, kosher salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Place a resealable plastic bag inside of a sturdy bowl. Fold over the top to avoid a messy seal and open the inside of the bag to create a bowl like shape.
- Add chicken and marinade ingredients to the resealable bag.
- Seal the plastic bag and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 3 to 12 hours.
- *Tip: The more time you allow for the chicken to marinate, the more flavorful it will be.
- 6. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place chicken on grill and discard the marinade to avoid cross-contamination. Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165*F.
Alternative cooking methods:
- Oven – Preheat oven to 350*F. Place chicken in an oven safe dish with half of the marinade. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165*F. Be sure to discard remaining marinade to avoid cross-contamination.
- Slow Cooker – Place chicken and marinade in a crockpot. Add 1 cup of water. Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Or cook on high for 4 hours. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165*F.