- 4 cactus paddles
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained, no salt added
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1 1/2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 chile pepper seeded, dice
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 cups water
- Wash your hands, clean your cooking area, and wash vegetables.
- Peel and trim the cacti. Wash thoroughly. Cut the cacti in small squares. In a sauce pan bring about 3 cups water to a boil. Add cacti and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain in a colander.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion, tomatoes, chile pepper, bell pepper, and pepper, and cilantro and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the drained garbanzo beans, the cacti, and the chopped cilantro to the onion mixture. Add 3 cups water and simmer for 15 minutes.