There’s nothing like taking some family favorite ingredients to make a quick and easy dinner. Using pantry and freezer staples for this recipe made me a “winner” for our dinner. Try this healthier, easy to make, and family pleaser tonight!
- 12 chicken nuggets
- 12 dinner rolls 1 package
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded, nonfat
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning salt free
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese reduced fat
Servings: servings (2 sliders)
- Cook chicken nuggets following package directions, set aside, and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F, and spray a 9X13 dish with cooking spray.
- Carefully slice the dinner rolls horizontally in half without separating the individual rolls.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in the prepared dish and bake for 4-5 minutes until slightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and assemble sliders. Place a chicken nugget on each outlined roll, top with marinara and mozzarella. Place the other sliced half of the rolls over the cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Brush olive oil mixture over the top of the rolls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Uncover and toast for an additional 5 minutes until golden brown.