This pork tenderloin with a cayenne cherry sauce is healthy, while still feeling indulgent.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots chopped
- 1 cup dark cherries fresh or frozen pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Wash your hands and clean your preparation area.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the preserves, balsamic vinegar, and allspice in a small bowl. Reserve half of the mixture.
- Brush 1/2 of the mixture on the pork tenderloin, covering the entire tenderloin.
- Cover and cook the tenderloin for 45-50 minutes, or until a food thermometer reaches 145 degrees F.
- While the tenderloin is cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and saute for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add the cherries, cayenne, and the reserved preserve mixture. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Using an immersion blender, food processor, or regular blender blend the dark cherry sauce until it is smooth. Be careful with the hot liquid.
- Slice the tenderloin and spoon the dark cherry sauce over top. Enjoy!