Change up the classic pasta dinner to this Beef Stuffed Pasta recipe! It’s filling and serves 8.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef cooked and drained
- 16 ounces uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen bell pepper/onion stir fry vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives drained
- 1 (14 ounce) jar unsalted tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Cook stir-fry vegetables, ground beef and garlic in oil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- Add zucchini; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in olives and 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce.
- Cook until hot, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir in zucchini mixture until well mixed.
- Fill each cooked pasta shell with about 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture.
- Place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over shells.
- Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.