This Spicy Lentil and Quinoa Bowl is packed full of hearty plant-based proteins.
- 1/2 cup green lentils dry
- 1/2 cup quinoa dry
- 15 ounce can low sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 2.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup cilantro for garnish
Servings: 1 cup servings
- Wash hands and sanitize preparation surfaces.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Once the olive oil is heated, add the onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for 5 –7 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- .Next, add quinoa, lentils, and tomatoes to the cooked vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously to ensure ingredients are well combined.
- Add beans, corn, water, and dry seasonings and stir to combine.
- Allow the dish to boil, cover it with a lid, then let it simmer for approximately 30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!