Do you want that show stopper dish this holiday season without the added calories? This vegetable cheese tart is a great way to impress at the dinner table without a lot of hassle!
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 2 cups nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Italian vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large carrots multicolored if possible
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place a puff pastry sheet over a greased tart pan, trim and press to fit. Line with parchment paper and fill with weights.
- Bake the tart dough at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. Remove the weights and parchment paper and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, ricotta, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, Italian vinaigrette, and salt. Use a spoon or mixer till everything is evenly mixed and smooth.
- With a potato peeler or a mandolin, create lengthwise strips of zucchini and carrots.
- Place the vegetable slices in a bowl, add garlic powder. Stir and cook in the microwave for 3-5 minutes. This step will soften the slices and make them much easier to roll.
- Spread the cheese mixture on top of the tart base.
- Take one slice of a vegetable and roll it up very tightly. Add another slice and keep rolling. Do not exceed more than 3 slices per spiral or the vegetable cooking will be uneven.
- Place the vegetable spiral in the center of the tart, pushing it down into the cheese. Continue this process until the tart is sufficiently covered
- Brush olive oil on top of the vegetables and bake the tart at 375 degrees F for 30-40 minutes.