Eat heart-healthy with our certified Heart-Check recipes!
- 3 oranges about 1 pound
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 4 4 ounce tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper divided
- 2 cups hot cooked instant brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place fish in an oven proof skillet coated with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Bake at 400° F for 14 minutes or until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Grate 2 teaspoons orange zest from rind. Peel and section oranges over a bowl, chop the sections.
- Combine zest, chopped orange, parsley, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl; toss well.
- Serve the cooked tilapia on a bed of brown rice, topped with the orange and parsley salsa.