Did you forget to take the chicken out of the freezer? Fear not! You can cook frozen chicken breasts in a multifunction cooker in minutes. Remember to always check the minimum internal temperature for doneness.
- Place 4 frozen chicken breasts inside the pot of your multifunction cooker. Make sure to pull apart frozen breasts. Breasts can overlap each other.
- Pour 1 cup of water over the chicken breasts. Add any seasonings or spices.
- Close lid and seal, cook for 12 minutes on normal poultry setting.
- Once cook time is done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes. Quick-release any remaining pressure and let sit for another 2-3 minutes.
- Open and remove lid. Insert a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Done poultry should reach 165 degrees F.
- Can replace water with juice or chicken stock for additional flavoring, look for low sodium and/or reduced-fat options! If using thin frozen chicken breasts, change the cooking time to 10 minutes.
Heat Up: 10 minutes
Timed Cook: 12 minutes
Release: 5 minutes
Nutrition information varies on the size of the chicken breast used, any spices or seasonings, and if broth is used instead of water.
Find more about the nutritional value of different cuts of chicken from the National Chicken Council.