Multifunction cookers are a great tool for making quick and healthy meals! Cook this whole chicken and use it for multiple recipes!
Also, check out our tips on having a smooth and safe multifunction cooker experience.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 whole roasting chicken 4-5 pound
- 1 lemon halved
- 1 tablespoons oil
- Wash your hands and surface well. In a small bowl, mix together all spices.
- Place chicken on cutting board and remove giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity. Dry chicken with paper towels. (Do not rinse chicken with water) Sprinkle and rub chicken with spice mixture. Insert halved lemon into chicken cavity.
- Set 6-qt pressure cooker to the high sauté setting, pour in oil. Place in chicken, breast side down, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip chicken over with tongs and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pressure cooker and set aside.
- Add water to pressure cooker and scrap bottom using a wooden spoon to prevent remainder pieces from burning. Place metal trivet into the pot and gently place chicken on top. Close top of pressure cooker and select manual setting to high and set time for 28 minutes.
- After timed cooking, naturally release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions, about 30 minutes.
- Open lid and remove chicken using tongs. Let chicken rest 10-15 minutes. Remove lemon and serve
A recommended serving size of chicken is 3 ounces.