This Chicken Harvest Lunch Bowl is an easy lunch to prepare on Sunday for your busy week ahead. Try it out today, or switch it up with your favorite veggies!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 medium carrots peeled & sliced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut in half or flattened
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
Quick Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt plain
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1/2 cucumber grated
- 2 teaspoons dill weed dried
- Wash hands and clean the preparation area. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a cooking sheet with foil. Rinse all fresh vegetables before slicing.
- In a bowl combine the broccoli florets and carrot slices, toss in olive oil. Arrange on the cooking sheet in a single layer leaving room for the chicken.
- Chicken breasts should be cut in half lengthwise to reduce the thickness, breasts can also be flattened with a meat hammer. Arrange in a single layer on the cooking sheet and sprinkle the lemon pepper seasoning on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- While the chicken is in the oven cook the quinoa if not already done.
- While chicken is in the oven make the tzatziki sauce. In a bowl, combine the greek yogurt, garlic, cucumber, and dill and stir well. You can also use store-bought tzatziki sauce but this will change the nutritional information.
- Once everything is done, divide the quinoa among 4 refrigerator airtight containers, top with vegetables and sliced chicken. Keep the tzatziki sauce in a separate container. Reheat the quinoa bowls to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F before topping with tzatziki sauce and consuming. Leftovers will keep for 3-4 days.