A springtime twist on a fruit cake, these iced fruit cake bars feature more tropical fruits along with some delicious icing! The star of this recipe really is the ultra fluffy icing that tops off these dense cake bars.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas mashed
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 8 ounces whipped topping fat free
- 1 ounce vanilla pudding mix sugar free, fat free
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Wash your hands and preparation area.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients first. Then add in the mashed bananas, pineapple, and milk until well combined. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 inch pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- After the cake has cooled, combine the thawed whipped topping and skim milk until smooth. Add in pudding mix and mix until well combined.
- Store covered and in the refrigerator.