Need a quick and easy dish for your next tailgate? This simple slow cooker recipe serves up festive flavors and is sure to be a crowd pleaser at any get-together. Ingredients can easily be prepped ahead of time, leaving you more time to cheer on your team. Pair with your favorite game-day main dish for a winning combo!
- 2 cups reduced sodium fat free vegetable broth
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 10 ounces frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup low fat Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 8 ounces no salt added tomato sauce
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 15 ounces reduced sodium black beans
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Servings: 8 ounce servings
- Begin by washing your hands and cleaning your counter tops or other surfaces. Rinse produce under cool running water before chopping.
- Line the slow cooker with a liner bag, if preferred.
- Chop the vegetables. Measure all ingredients and place in the slow cooker, except the cheese. Stir until fully combined.
- Cook on high setting for 3 hours or low setting for 5 hours.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and cook for 15 minutes more with the lid on the slow cooker.
- Best served warm.