Jicama is a root vegetable that resembles a turnip. This vegetable is usually eaten raw and is a great alternative for chips. Season jicama with chili powder and a dash of salt for dips or dice them for salads.
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- Whisk lime juice, honey and fresh mint into a small bowl.
- Place all fruit in large bowl and pour dressing over fruit. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and enjoy!
How to cut Jicama
- You will need a sharp knife, cutting board, vegetable peeler.
- Wash and peel jicama with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut 1/4 of an inch slices of the jicama and then cut those slices into matchsticks. You can then use these to dip into guacamole or other dips instead of chips or dice them to use in salads.
Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories 48 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.2g 0%
Saturated Fat 0.01g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.03g
Sodium 4mg 0%
Potassium 105mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 1g 2%
Vitamin A 0.1%
Vitamin C 79%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.