Everyone loves a recipe that they can make so many other meals from. This Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili can feed a hungry family and leave you with leftovers. Store in the fridge for your next day lunch, or make a casserole, tacos or salads for dinner. Just set the clock and go!
- 1 15 ounce can low sodium black beans, drained
- 1 15 ounce can low sodium kidney beans, drained
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce unsalted
- 2 10 ounce cans diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 12 ounce package frozen yellow corn
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 package 30% less sodium taco seasoning or make your own (see notes for recipe link)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast skinless, boneless
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Add drained black beans, and kidney beans in crockpot. Top with the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili peppers, frozen corn, chopped onion, and seasonings. Stir all together.
- Place chicken breast into the mixture, completely cover the chicken.
- Set crock pot to cook 8-10 hours on LOW or 4-6 hours on HIGH.
- Pull chicken breasts out about 30 minutes before serving, shred with a fork and return to the crockpot stirring well.
- Serve chili with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Tip: Recipe makes for a large crowd or great for leftovers. Pack for your next day lunch, store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or freeze in individual airtight containers for up to 3 months for an easy reheat meal.
- **If using your own homemade taco seasoning, leave out the chili powder from this recipe.