- 1/2 can unsalted diced tomatoes 14.5 oz can
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 lb extra lean ground chuck
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut off top of peppers and clean out centers
- Fill each bell pepper half way with water, then microwave for 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown 1pound of ground beef with ½ cup of onion.
- Add the taco seasoning to the meat according to the package on the taco seasoning packet.
- Next, add the ½ can of diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes
- Drain the water from the bell peppers; place the bell peppers in a loaf pan.
- Fill each bell pepper ¾ with the meat mixture; fill the rest of the bell pepper with cheese
- Pack the cheese on top of the meat mixture
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until the bell peppers become tender