Needing a way to use up those herbs from your garden or a twist on a classic lemonade try out this Strawberry Basil Lemonade for a refreshing cool down this summer.
Strawberry Basil Puree
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 7 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup stevia sugar substitute
Servings: 3/4 cup servings
- Wash the strawberries and basil until cold running water.
- Remove green stem from the strawberries and slice in half. Remove the basil leaves from the stem.
- Place the halved strawberries and basil leaves in a food processor and ½ cup of water. Blend until a smooth mixture.
- Pour into a small bowl and store in the refrigerator for at least an hour up to 3 days.
- Pour Basil Strawberry puree thru a mesh strainer over a bowl. Use a spoon to move the puree back and forth over the mesh strainer to drain the liquid.
- Pour the strained Basil Strawberry puree into a 2-quart pitcher
- Add lemon juice, 7 1/2 cups of water, and stevia and stir until mixed
- Place in the refrigerator to chill until serving or serve over ice.
Vitamin C = 11.94% DV