Mac n Cheese is a comfort food classic but allow us to dress up your mac n cheese with a winter favorite, butternut squash! The butternut squash and the blend of cheeses in this dish really make for a unique mac n cheese experience!
- 8 ounces Elbow pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash fresh, cubed
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 Tabblespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup Milk 1%
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Asiago Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Servings: 1/4 cup servings
- Wash your hands and workspace
- Bring a stockpot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package
- Cut your butternut squash into 1-inch pieces.
- In a separate saucepan, add your 2 teaspoons olive oil on medium heat. Add butternut squash into the pan and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes or until it is tender with a fork.
- Pour squash into a blender and puree
- In a saucepan, add your butter and 1 Tablespoon olive oil and melt. Once melted add in your flour and whisk continually, add your milk slowly to prevent clumping.
- Add your cheeses, butternut puree, and spices and mix well. Incorporate pasta elbows.
- Pour into a 9x9 glass pan and cook at 350*F for 20 minutes